Definitely not a Leica...

wai_leong_lee

"but if you are buying for long term, ZI seems not to service their cameras. Mark Hama just put new curtains in my 111f for $177"

So the camera is just new out and you claim there is not service offerred for it when they come with warranties, in comparison to a LTM camera which Leica themselves doesnt service anymore as a reason to buy a Leica over ZM? I love this forum, fact, truth and logic seems to be as acurate as American foreign policy.

Dear Andrew,

Yes, it costs more to make things in Germany than in China. What is your problem with this? Is cost your sole criterion for buying anything? If so, bad luck. Try to find a Chinese Alpa, Leica, Linhof, or indeed Rolls Royce.

Also try to find health care or pensions in Third World countries. As long as you are prepared to treat people like machines, to be run at full throttle 8 hours a day andf then thrown away when they break, yes, you can buy things cheaply.

Have you ever been to Germany? Or China? I have visited both. And here's a little set of statistics for you.

Hitler killed about 16,000,000 people. The Nazis are no longer in power in Germany.

Stalin roughly doubled this: 32,000,000 people. The communist party is no longer in power in Russia.

Mao roughly doubled this: 64,000,000 people. Which party is still in power in China?

The figures are not exact but I challenge you to produce better or more believable ones.

Cheers,

Roger

Roger:

What is your point? I was simply pointing out that the cost to produce being higher

doesn't necessarily mean that the production is better (i.e. there are many input costs that

have NOTHING to do with quality). I am very proud of you for having visited Germany and

China. I actually have been to Germany, not China, but lived in many countries and

visited many more. Of course, this doesn't validate my opinion, and niether yours.

The rangefinder killed at least 128,000,000 pictures due to bad focusing errors (most of which you never saw on the net - although some do show up from time to time). Leica is no longer in power in the professional photography world.