What slide for street/docu photography

Suppose I want to try out soem street/docu/travel photography with

focus on people, not perse portraits but daily life kind of stuff.

people doing there usually stuff. Well you know the images: the small

mexican native woman walking past the colorfull tienda with the Coca

Cola logo painted on it, the old veiled moslima ladie sitting in front

of her yellow oker painted house, the stylefully dressed Italian

business lady rushing through busy traffic while making aphonecall on

her cell phone, the cowboy light his cigarette while leaning on the

rodeo fence.. wel I suppose you get the picture.

Now suppose I want to do this in color slides any recommendations? I'm

thinking 400 iso film for speed as I still haven't found a serious

sphotoshop so I ratehr not dare to ask them to push anything.

Any one out there with any reommendation and/or example images?

I second the recommendation for Provia 400F. Slide film above iso 100 tends to be nasty looking stuff IMO but Fuji did a pretty good job with their 400 Provia. You can try the many iso 100 films out there but they may be limiting for you if you plan on shooting in low light conditions.

<p>What kind of slide film do you normally use? That's the film you should use for street/documentary photography.</p>

<p>If you are not a regular user of slide film, I recommend a film with "normal" color saturation. Films such as Provia, Sensia or even Astia meet this criteria nicely. Velvia 50 is a bit too saturated my taste, and I find the Kodachromes to be a bit too flat in their color rendition. I don't have any experience with any of Kodak's E-6 slide films, so I can't comment on those.</p>

<p>I find myself using Sensia 100 most of the time. To me, the colors seem very true to life; a little understand, but very natural-looking. Provia 400F is an excellent slide film, fully comparable to Sensia IMO. Unfortunately, Provia 400F is is nearly three times the price of Sensia, at least in the U.S. Sensia 400 isn't a whole lot cheaper than Provia 400F.</p>

Thx all for swift response. I have dealt moslty with sensia 100 untill now which satisfies my needs for landscape and travel stuff in sunny countries. However here in The Netherlands light conditions are low much of the time and street thingies tend to be moving so I was looking for some\ film that is faster. i think I'll experiment with Provia 400F for starters. Thx again for the advce!