OTQNO

The OTQNO as noted above is an extension tube, it is not a short mount as you indicate in your question. A short mount is the term used by Leica to indicate a focusing mount that is specific for a particular lens and allows the lens to be mounted to a Visoflex. The short mount for the 90/4 Elmar was called "OUAGO". The focusing mount 16464 (also called OTZFO) was referred to by Leica as a "universal" focusing mount, because it could be used with more than one lenshead (eg., 65/3.5 Elmar).

Thank you Gentlemen. What an amazing collective font of knowledge!

So to get this straight: OUAGO (16467) is the correct helical short focusing mount for the Elmar f4 90mm. This should allow focus from Infinity down to about 2ft.?

The subject of my original question, OTQNO is in fact an extension tube for the above ensemble to enable close-up work.

Best, David

Be very careful as it depends upon the 90 4.0 you have. My focus mount works fine with the bayonet model 90 4.0 that takes 39mm filters. None of the screw mount heads will focus fully to infinity. I think about 75 feet is the max.

If I stand the two 90`s next to each other, the focus mechanisms appear the same length, but the heads differ by 3-5mm, the bayonet being longer.