M3 vs. M6 flare?

hi all,

i find it very hard to focus my M6 (0.72) with a 75 'Lux, especially

when compared with my M3/50 'Lux, which is pure fun to focus.

anybody made the same experience? some way around it?

i was repeatedly hearing about a way to fix the M6 "flare-problem".

how can this be done? i have a very capable cam-tech, could he

handle this, or do i have to send in the M6? can somebody help?

thanks

reinhard

If you're in the US, send it to DAG. He'll fix the problem for some $125 (IIRC). Otherwise, probably Leica in Germany may do something. It only consists on a little filter that must be placed by the RF window or somewhere in the RF mechanism.

I learned to live with the flare in my M6TTL bodies, though... I simply know it's going to happen when I focus on backlit subjects so I simply avoid doing it. And when it happens, all you can do is move the camera axis a bit, refocus and recompose.

Reinhard: I have M3, M6 0.72 and M6 0.85. Both M6's have had the flare conversion done on them by DAG. The M3 is still easier to focus than either M6. I like the uncluttered viewfinder of the M3. With all of this, the flare upgrade did help the M6's. I wear glasses and the flare was a problem before. It cost about $150.00 per camera.

Mark J.

<p>hi all, i find it very hard to focus my M6 (0.72) with a 75 'Lux, especially when compared with my M3/50 'Lux </i></p> Why not try swapping lenses and bodies. It's kind of a no-brainer that the M3 is better suited to focusing the 75, flare or no flare.

<a href="http://www.leicagoodies.com/shade.html">Lutz Konermann's Shade</a> does help. (M6 rangefinder flare is not an urban legend - I also have a M2).

<p>So does the <a href="http://www.leica-camera.com/produkte/msystem/m6ttl/zubehoer/lupe/index_e.html">Leica Magnifier</a>. My personal Summilux 75 hit rate goes up when I have time to mount it!