W/NW; tiny car, tiny parking space

joop

I once owned a 1275 Mini Cooper S (the real one) in Iowa ; in a small town bar, strange to me, the local sherrif entered to tell me to get my car off the sidewalk ; the sidewalk was over a foot high ; some jokers had picked it up and put it there ; the Cooper has very small wheels, but he watched while I drove it off. I suspect the owner of this poor little thing had the same problem as I.

I rememeber as a kid in Minnesota someone telling me about the prank they pulled on an

Issetta, as it

was fairly light they could pick it up (several of them mind you...) and turn it upside down

onto the owner's lawn. A very "American Graffiti" type thing to do in the day (60's)...

In college we would sneak out at night and add a gallon of gas to a Volkswagon. He bragged about 50 mpg for months, but he never complained when we started to remove one each night.

We also removed someones dorm furnature including what was screwed to the walls, and set up his new room on the lawn next to the door.

If some parked a heap like that in front of me so I couldn`t get out, there would be some serious damage to the sides of the car.

My brother took the last legal spot at Northwestern Hospital. When he returned, someone parked blocking him in. He put his truck in 4 wheel low low and pushed the offender into a busy Chicago intersection and left it there. Bad things happen to stupid people.

In the 60's in my high school I remember several lads picking up a girl's Isetta and carrying up the front stair case and putting it in the school's lobby. Created quite a stir. Also remember pranksters inverting my mother's Morris Minor for the failing grades she gave them. My daughter tells me of tipping over cows when she was in school. Some things really don't change much.

Trevor...Small economical cars still destroy the planet. 2 or three small cars equal one big one. Hydrogen, generated in car, and pollution free, was patented by Garrett (USA) in 1935!!! Dont tell me the scientists cannot split the water molecule when they can recieve their own color TV pix from MARS!!!

David, not only did I once have a 500 (still with the suicide doors) but I have Isetta Experience as well. Because they are very round and bottom heavy, it is virtually IMPOSSIBLE to turn them upside down and keep them that way. The Fiat 500 was a job on German Highways, the only way to pass somebody was to catch them off guard, since 100km was tops, after a long, long time...