combination of urban landscape and a few street shots in moderate

winter sunshine (early AM and late afternoon, that is) and bright

overcast----not particularly contrasty. I should mention I will be

scanning the negs not enlarging them traditionally. I'd like to see

if I can really get the most from this film. Any suggestions,

comments and hints very welcomed.

Or maybe I should sell the remaining rolls on eBay and make a

mortgage payment? ;-)

What! Of course Xtol would be Fine, but you seriously need to try at least one roll in

Rodinal, one of the sweetest combinations Ever. No question. Don't worry about whether

or not you needed to be at EI 15, in my experience I've found for Rodinal the extra

exposure is not needed, Rodinal seems to keep the speed. Just don't over develop by

agitating via the D-76 'Shake and Bake' method, just a good solid first agitation then Chill,

like 2-3 agits per min, many do a slight 'swirling' rather than full inversion. Also, most of

the listed Agfa times are for a crazy contrast of like .65 which is denser than most, and if

you shot it at EI 15, processed it at "Agfa Times" AND did the old super shake agitation,

you will get a solid black dense mass of brickwall neg and you will never know just how

fine a film/developer combination this truly is. Sure, Xtol is 'fine' and 'do the job' but APX

25 in Rodinal 1:50 is just so unique, you owe it to this rare, discontinued and sorely

missed emulsion to do it right. I'd say that out of the 20 35mm, 25-28 120 rolls I still

have left frozen in my freezer, 75% will be reserved just for Rodinal.<div>00EqjA-27495884.jpg.6d452d377decdd06534f01c5b2cec12e.jpg</div>

Thank you all for taking the time to reply to my post. Since I have two rolls ready for development I think I'll try the first in Rodinal at 1:50 for just under 10 minutes (I find slightly less dense negs to scan better). If I like it I'll stick with that, if not I'll try the other in some Xtol. Both were finished (last half of each roll) on the same subject matter on a walk through a botonical garden redwood forest on a nice, slightly overcast day with the sun peeking out from time to time. Good, soft, yet interesting light. I'll post a few here when I get the results. Thanks again.