Fujifilm processing

I was wodering if anyone else is experiencing long waiting periods for

processing @ fuji or has received the wrong slides or other related

problems. I am theorising that maybe w/ the sun setting on film

photography fuji is devoting less time & energy on this part of their

business.

There have been plenty of reports of slow service on slides using the Fuji mailers, but I don't recall any reports of missing slides and have never have heard of anyone getting the wrong slides. I'm sure that Fuji is not devoting much time and energy to this part of their business, but I can't imagine that they've quietly fired the people that are working in the photoprocesing plant that they've already built and paid for. At the very low price they charge they aren't likely to schedule any extra shifts, though.

I tried them last year and it took 11 days from the Seattle area, but others have reported 4-6 weeks. I decided that I needed more control of that, and now my normal turnaround is 4 hours if I decide I need them, I just do it myself. If you need better (and more consistent) turnaround, Fuji isn't a good choice.

Van

The Fuji lab in Phoenix does all the mail order processing for E-6, they only process E-6 four days a week, sometimes five if the volume is heavy. The next snag is the slide mounting department, mainly due to old equipment and lack of experienced operators. I know this because I was the Senior Electronic Tech there until last year.

Paul

David:

It's been 3 years since I regularly sent E-6 to Fuji so I can't comment on current turnaround times. Three years ago I consistently got my chromes back in a week or two. Fuji was one of three labs that I used on a regular basis.

I sent Fuji Phoenix dozens of rolls of film a year. Once I got two rolls (out of five rolls sent in at one time) that were shot by someone else. I returned them and described the photos on the two rolls I was missing. A couple of weeks later I got my missing two rolls (which were apparently sent to someone else). It probably helped that the first photo I took on every roll of film was a 3x5 card with my name, address, and phone number, just in case a roll went astray.

Jim

Just tried them for the first time here in the midwest. I sent in five rolls and they were returned in 21/2 to 3 weeks. That's a bit long.... but the price of $3.75 per mailer is good too.

I have no problems with the processing at all. No scratches or marks of any kind.

I would use them again if I am on the road for any length of time.

David, I use a moderate amount of slide film, and have been using Fuji for the processing for about 2 or 3 years now- ever since I noticed the price gap between them and Kodak widening. My results have been excellent, except for one or two instances about 6 months ago when the mounts weren't correctly aligned with the film. Now, because I don't project but do scan the film, I've asked them to return the film unmounted, which they have done. The processing quality has always seemed to be quite good, and my turnaround times seem to be no longer than about ten days (and I'm on the east coast) No complaints here, I just wish that Kodak hadn't cut and run (at least in terms of price competition), as I'm not entirely comfortable with only one major mail processor in the picture.

• 1 month later...

Glad to fine some info regarding the quality of Fuji lab processing service.

I've mailed my roll of slides using the Fuji mailer on December 24, and it is Jan 16 now, I still haven't received the slides back.

Started to think the slides perhaps got lost in the mail... but since reading some replies here regarding Fuji lab turn-around time, I am hoping I will get my pictures within a week or so..

I will not use the Fuji mailer again though... I sent a roll of B&W film using A&I Pro B&W mailer the same day and got the prints back in about a week. The cost was almost 4 times as much but... them B&W prints showed excellent quality.

I will probably use A&I mailer for both slides and color prints. I can also just have them develope negatives w/o prints for $6 per roll.. I can scan them at home. About that Pro B&W mailer, I really liked the stuff but bit pricey ($17.00).. I need to start doing some home darkroom printing again.