Computer software for client info, invoices, expenses, etc?

Do any pros have recommendations on computer software to keep track of

client information, invoices that can be emailed, expenses, profit, etc.?

I was wondering if the pros use things like microsoft office,

Quickbooks, or do they use software that is customized for the photo

industry.

I need to work on a better workflow. Eventually, I would like to do

all the Photoshop work myself, email the files to the lab, have the

negs/prints shipped back to me. Basically, I'm just in the process to

make myself a better, more efficient business owner.

Any suggestions from the pros that have a system that is working for them?

Rachel (my sisters name also): I've never heard of Successware, so I can't say if it's good or not.

If you need someones email address you can go to there main photo.net page (were you can get to there "Gallery Photos" and see how many photos they've commented on) and at the top of the page there's a link that says "E-mail Micah Robinson: Request email address (20-second delay)".

For future use.

My E-Mail is mci2727@yahoo.com.

Have a great day and may the Lord Jesus Christ bless you and your family.

-Micah

• 5 months later...

hi

I have been looking into getting my photo business organized for the last couple of years and couldn't find a good way of doing it, and by looking at this discussion everybody's responses have helped me a lot. (THANK YOU!) Successware SEEMS to be the best piece of software for getting organised in photography, I have checked out demos from other vendors as well and they don't SEEM as good as Successware. I will have a look at my bank account to see if I can afford it. In the meantime I wanted to contribute that Quick To-Do Pro is an excellent little tool for keeping a to-do list on the computer. It's extremely easy to use and only costs about $35. (http://www.capstralia.com ). Of course bigger pieces of software like Successware have an inbuilt to-do list function and Outlook works for other, too (not for me!). If anybody has any experience with Successware please let me know. I have tried Access, Excel, MS Money*, Quickbooks*, Peachtree*, Goldenseal*, Blinkbid* (* the demo versions) but nothing does the job for me... Maybe I'm too demanding but my problem is that I am in Greece and all the aforementioned programmes are geared towards US-users. Greek general business software packages aren't that good, many of them are still DOS-based.

So, any experiences, please let me know. Thank you. Lukas from sunny Greece.