What could I get in China?

I mean buying Leica equipment or lenses that fit a Leica camera. This was the intent of my posting. Someone posted on the RFF (that seems to be not working) about a Chinese B&W film, so I thought maybe there is more useful material to be purchased in China that may not be available here.

Raid, I am afraid there are no bargains for the Leica user anywhere in China. However if you

are going to Beijing there is a mall devoted to photography called Photo City and has over

1000 shops all selling something related to photography. Let me know where you are going

so I can recommend some sights.

Raid,

When I was there a couple of summers ago about all I saw were some older folders and TLRs - mostly (I'm guessing) 1960's Agfa and Rolleiflex knock-offs. I was really looking for any screwmount stuff, but didn't see anything anywhere. That was at Beijing's "Dirt Market" flea market, whose Chinese name I can't remember off-hand.

You can take a trip out to the "Camera Market" at Wukesong in west Beijing, but it ain't cheap. There's an authorised Leica dealer out there but the prices will make you wince. There are also quite a few traders selling clasic cameras, including old Leicas and copies such as the Shanghai version of the Leica III. A lot of the used euipment I saw out there looked dusty and poorly cared for, and the asking prices were silly. China is a good place to buy many thing cheaply, but not Leicas.