Fd used lenses. Where to buy?

mário m. rodrigues

Heck, Mario, if you're not looking for anything exotic (L-series lenses or whatever)...

you can HAVE my 28mm f/2.8 and my 100-300mm f/5.6. They weren't expensive lenses in the first place, probably about $100 and $160 respectively. And now I figure I couldn't get enough selling them used to make it worth the trouble. If you'll cover the shipping, they're yours. Oh... I think I have a 135mm f/2.8 as well. And a 50mm f/1.8. You probably have one of those already, if not the 1.4. Just let me know.

I'd say KEH in Atlanta.

I have ordered one lens (FD 300mm f/4) and a few accessories there and have not had any problems with them. The payement went well, and the delivery (I always chose UPS or Fedex, as I live in France and prefer having a traced delivery) went well too. As often said, their rating system is very conservative (i.e. the lens you get will never be worse than the description of the rating). The lens I bought was described as excellent, and appeared as better than the rating description.

Hope this helps.

Daniel

i jusat started with canon fd "jim s." who is retiring

gave me a ae1 w 1.8 and after I demostrated that I was taking photos

gave me a nice zoom lens ( it was an eos lens) i called him up and he gave me a 28-70 zoom instead.

I tried to snipe fd lenses on 'bay but was always out bid

( i am retired and only have ss)

the better vivitar leses like the type 1? could be ok

I was hoping to use t4 and ys lenses from my older miranda slr

but all I have is a t4 adapter that is FL and requires operation at stop dwn. have never seen YS or tx adapters to fit my older lenses.

jim s claims fd lenses are " all over and very cheap"

but out in the hills they arre rare.

if someone is giving away fd lenses I will use them and take photos with them. not put them in a cabinet.

I can afford a roll and processing every few weeks.

& i am still doing some of my own b&w.

Walter deGroot,

Could you use a 70mm-210mm zoom? I have 2 extras that I don't use, I would be glad to send you one if you would like. One of them might be selling on E-bay in the next couple of day,if it doesn't you can have you choice.Shoot me an e-mail if you could use one. Click on my name above for my e-mail address.

Ed

Mr. Remove... if you have interest in the 100-300, it's yours for the asking. I have a 50mm

too, if you have need of it. When I find the rest of it all, that's available too... but for the time

being, this is what's available. I'd be happy just knowing it's found a good home, so let me

know if you're interested.

Lenses for the asking. Try to find that on the Leica forum. Canon FD lenses are perhaps the best buy in lenses. Cheap sleepers include the 28f 2.8 SC, 35 f2 and f2.8, 50mm f1.4, and 50mm macro f3.5. I have paid as little as $25 for some on the auction site, and have gotten fair prices and some in excellent condition rated "Bargain" at KEH.

Good day all. I have a very good condition ( less than 100 rolls of film put through it ) T90 with a TTL300 flash, 28mm f2.0 ssc, fd 50 f1.4 if anyone would like to make me an offer. The T90 has been fired @ 4.5fps every couple of weeks and has never had the EEE problem. I also have all the manuals.

Cheers, Don