JOBO processor HELP

My CPE-2 is now relegated to backup status, but my recollection is that I paid $200 for it a bit over a year ago, including the lift. I wouldn't consider it without the lift. If it has the lift and the tanks and reels that you need for the work you intend to do, $300 in good shape might not be a bad investment. (Mine inluded only one tank and a couple of reels, but did have some other goodies like a set of JOBO graduates, a film squeegee, and several 600ml JOBO bottles.)

I ran a lot of E-6 with the CPE-2 and considered it a huge step forward from the collection of stainless reels and tanks I had been using. On the other hand, my current system is completely automatic and I really wouldn't want to go back to a system you have to attend through the entire 45-minute process. (That's the full 6-step E-6, B/W and C-41 are both simpler and quicker.)

Temperature control was good enough to get consistent results with E-6, which should mean it's good enough for anything else. The unit is on the light-weight side, and a lot of parts seem fragile, but with reasonable care it should process hundreds of rolls. This model will handle up to five rolls of 35mm, probably enough for most users.

Van

About the lift :

It is so much simpler with. When each step of the processing is over, you just lift the tank, it pours out into a pipe, you lower the tank and pour in the chemical for the next step.

Very easy.

Without the lif, you have to put your hands in the water, grab the tank out, splash water all over the place, empty it, fill it with the next chemical, re-attach it.

You get the point. (I've got a CPE2 with lift, by the way)

Hope this helps

Dan