Leica DMR sample iamge

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought I wanted the 75/1.4 before I saw these images. I want a DMR and an R8 to boot

with a bunch of lenses. Guess I will have to wait for the 3rd or 4th generation of the DMR

before I can afford this generation.

Marc, no need to sigh over the midwestern woman in your photo. From what I know of your

lovely wife, the description of the midwestern woman fits your wife to a "t".

Simon i don't know what it is with this site and the upload setup but my images suck here. The only place that i can't see good stuff on Freds site at 1000 pixels wide this just kills what we see here. honestly not going to post images here anymore till something gives . I do everything your supposed to do for the web too and they just don't come up good. that last one the little girl her right eye is so sharp and yet looks like vaseline coating here. not sure what gives actually they are all like that.

Some of these are on my web site if you want to look www.guymancusophoto.com

Unfortunately I bought a DMR last June, and I do regret this decision. The DMR is not even good for week-end family snaps: it is much too big and heavy. It does not have a built-in flash, nor does it have a digital zoom. Also, there are too many wheels and buttons. They should have simplified it. In this age of computers and auto-everything, one button should be enough. The camera should do all the thinking, not the photographer.

If you look at the results, you THINK they are great. In reality they are just crap. Real photographers use 4x5" sheet film. Throw the DMR in the dustbin or give it to a charity and go back to using a Zeiss Maximar sheet film camera of 1936 vintage. Btw, I volunteer to help you locate a charity that will appreciate it - myself

<I>Eric,</P>

I think Wallace and Grommit was done with Canon lenses.

</I><P>I think you are thinking of Tim Burton's "Corpse Bride". Which was shot with

Canon EOs 1D mk.2 bodies and Nikon lenses. "Wallace & Grommit: Curse of the Were-

Rabbit" was shot with old Mitchell 35mm film cameras and Cooke lenses.<P>For what it is

worth, I have shot pretty extensively with Canon 1Ds, 1D mk 2, Canon 20D and Nikon

D70,

D1X, & D2X cameras. The "plastic-y" skin tone many people seem to have experienced has

much more to do with how the photographer shoots (jpeg vs. raw) and processes the

image, especially with regard to sharpening and unstrap masking. Shooting raw, and using

either Adobe RGB(1998) or Pro Photo as work spaces and then using the

<A HREF = http://www.pixelgenius.com>Photokit Expert Sharpening plug in </a> to first

do a capture sharpen based on the original and then a targeted out put sharpening, I don't

get those "plastic-y" skin tones. given Canon's use of a fairly strong anti-aliasing filter for

their sensors, I can see where it would be a problem though. I've never seen plastic-y skin

from a Nikon NEF file either.

Peter Werner, 05:47 p.m. That shot really demonstrates a lot to me. The smooth transition between tones and most importantly, detail in the two ends of the exposre, highlights and shadows. I don't think I could maintain detail in the buildings in the bright sunlight while keeping, a nice level of contrast I might add, under the shade of the market with my Nikon gear. Marc W posted a similiar shot pointing up inside the dark inside of a grip truck with the side walk in open sunlight. The Fuji S3 has the highest dynamic range that I know of with the MKIIs coming in second. Any tests resutls on the DMR yet?