M2aD updates???

OK, but it is boring, done VHDL for switch debounce/decode, sensor reset sequence, sensor readout sequence, SDRAM driver and ADC readout. At the same time I am learning VHDL and how to use Altera's QuartusII software, dealing with warning errors such as '0.41ns glitch at...' (light travels 6" in this amount of time). It is all falling into place slowly. And I have to go to work as well. It's only a hobby!

Matt, I don't *know* who the sensor mfgr (Cypress Semi) is marketing to, but there are a lot

of other imaging applications besides dSLRs. Industrial, scientific, medical,

astrophotography, document scanning, and aerospace/defense apps come to mind.

There are not that many sensor manufacturers out there. Canon, Kodak, Sony, Dalsa (ex-

Phillips), and Cypress (the chip Huw selected). Huw's pick seems like a good choice, even

though afaik, Cypress imagers are not used in any commercial dSLR.

www.citysnaps.net

The color Cypress (formerly Fill Factory) chip is used in the digital Camerz, a very popular camera with the kind of school photographers that may shoot one or two hundred thousand kiddies a year, the kind of cycle that would reduce a Leica, Nikon, or Canon to scrap in 6 months.

Huw is using the monochrome Cypress IBIS 4, a chip that doesn't have the "Italian flag" color effects that plagued the Kodak SLR/n and SLR/c.