Feedback Please on a TRP Design Change

mottershead

I like the cleaner look and the greater number of thumbs per page, but I don't like the popup obstructing the images, even though they are thumbs, and even though I am about to click on it to bring up the larger version. Something bugs me about it.

Backups? We don’t need no stinking ba #.’  _ ,    J

Looks a bit cleaner Brian... but I'd have to agree it's a little distracting. We would just have to get used to it...<p>

Is it at all possible to make the pop-up box somewhat <b>transparent</b>? Might look a little cleaner and be less of an "in your face" kinda thing.

The pop-ups block much of the image. This is very distracting and a little too cute. More importantly, I think it wreaks havoc on the eyes inasmuch as we must jump around to get information on an image, rather than viewing all the information in one place, like we normally do when we read captions.

Brian,<br>

I like the cleaner look of the page, without the extra and unnecessairy information below each foto. But I don't like the popups.<br>

I think a much cleaner solution for the extra information would be to have an info area at the bottom (like a bar) where the information appears when the cursor hovers over the photo. (This is probably easier to implement for more browsers too.) A little bit like the "nikon browser" works, although there you have to click on the image to get information and double click to bring it up full size.<br>

Cheers,<br>

Maurik

I'll weigh in on the side of finding the popups distracting, mostly because I'd like to be able to see the info AND the thumbnail at the same time (my aging brain apparently can't retain the info for long after I move the cursor off the thumbnail). I don't mind a little scrolling myself, but if the consensus comes in for having a cleaner page that fits more thumbnails, I'd prefer something like what Maurik proposes: info that appears in a bar below all the thumbnails.