Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L, $560.44<br>

Canon EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 Image Stabilized, $522.44<br>

Canon EF 50mm f1.4 USM, $315.07<br>

Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, $549.94<br><p>

<b>Note</b>: Amazon is as reliable as B&H Photo. Their return policy

is the best. You will subtract $10-$15 for S/H when comparing with

B&H price. However, if you live in the East coast, free S/H might

take 7-10 days. Please also check B&H special discount by

using "psjan" code. The price $1092.44 for 35mm f/1.4L is incorrect.

This lens has been out of stock for a long time at Amazon. They also

sold the last three of 24mm f/1.4L a few days ago at $1099 plus free

S/H. Three lenses 17-40, 24L and 30L <b>are on clearance sale</b>.

The 24-105 is only $50 higher than the 24-70, and the 70-200 f/4L is

only $10 higher than the 70-300 IS. However, the 70-200 f/4L is not

on clearance sale.<p>

I post this information for your convenience. I don't work for

Amazon.

I use Amazon a LOT but those sale prices aren't all that good. Looks like just a few dollars here and there.

My favorite thing though about Amazon: absolute 100% reliability and backup if anything goes wrong in sales & shipping/delivery.

I also use and respect Adorama, B&H, Thomas Bros., and Beach Camera.

<i>Most of those prices are too high. What makes you think they're bargains?</i><p>

I copied the entire list. There're some information that we should consider. The 17-40 f/4L, 24 f/1.4L and 35 f/14L are on clearance sale list. This cannot be considered as official, but Canon could stop to make these lenses. Secondly, the 24-105 f/4L IS is being sold at lower price, $1187.00 vs $1249 + S/H. It's true that we can only save a few dollars here and there, but we have never seen Canon L lenses with deep discount at reliable dealers.

There was a time I would have agreed about Amazon, but lately this has not been the case. I had many troubles recently, items that showed up on their system as available, then did not ship until weeks past when they were expected. It wouldn't be so bad, except that their online status report was consistently wrong about the expected ship/delivery date. Very very frustrating experiences, the most notable cost my son his most desired christmas gift!

I will never again rely on Amazon for anything that is "time critical".

The 3rd party ads on Amazon may be scams at times, but Amazon itself isn't. Anyone can place an ad there, just like Ebay. If you buy from Amazon and not some unknown 3rd party seller, you're fine.

Th Amazon prices are OK, but it's not really a "clearance" fire-sale. It's just normal marketing.

<i>"A lot of the ads on Amazon.com are scams (hence its popular nickname, "Scamazon"...)"</i>

<p>

That is completely uncalled for. Amazon is totally reliable.

<p>

If someone cannot tell a scam ad or a Brooklyn/Nigerian online retailer from a real online Web site then that person is not equipped with enough intelligence to shop online.

My intention wasn't Amazon. But since we hace touched this topic, I'd like to say a little more. I agree with Ken that shopping online isn't easy. We must learn and pay for experience. I don't remember the last time I bought an item from a local or department store. For example, Office Depot sells a Xerox copier toner for $159. The lowest online price is $82. Regarding Amazon third party sellers, you still can buy safely if the seller accepts payment through Amazon. I buy book mostly from Amazon except Borders send me a 30% coupon. For example, A set of College Physics and solution manual is $175 from Amazon shipped free. I bought from a third party book dealer for $39 plus $6 S/H brand new. I paid $79 a year to get 2-day free shipping for everything I buy even a box of pencils. Selling on Amazon market place is another great experience. They charge 8%, but Ebay charge 2-3% on top of 4% using Paypal anyway. you'll be amazed that people from outside of the United States are willing to buy your camera or lenses higher than what you paid. Selling your stuff right here is fast as well. I sold my 70-200 here in less than 3 days.

<I>It wouldn't be so bad, except that their online status report was consistently wrong about the expected ship/delivery date.</i><P>

I actually had this work in my favor. I ordered my 1DsII from Amazon and at the time, everyone was complaining that they were hard to find. When I placed my order it said it would ship in 3-4 weeks, which was what I expected.<P>

Four days later it arrived at my door.