MP3 - some reflection

paul_chan4

<br>The recent threads on MP3 set me wondering on some possible

<br>situation.

<br>1. You can afford and want it, so it's a buy.

<br>2. You can afford but do not need nor want it, so it's a pass.

<br>3. You can afford but what a waste, another pass.

<br>4. You can't afford so it makes no difference whether you want

or need it, a no go.

<br>

<br>Where do you fit in? Let's open the can of worms.

How about:

5. You buy cameras to take pictures, recognize the MP3 (or MP for that matter)have no monumental advantages in that regard over a <$1000 used M6, so it doesn't matter whether you can afford it or not, you have no interest in it whatsoever but are happy for those who do.

Ben, who said anything about taking pictures? I believe that such cameras are not made to leave their luxurious presentation boxes and to be used (especially not outdoors!). Sometimes I wonder why (and do they at all) put the shutter in such cameras. As the matter of fact, they should glue or bolt the camera down so that it doesn't fall out if you tip the case... :-)

Well this camera has all of the features I would like the most on my M except the removable take up spool. I would like an M2 w/ built in meter because I can see how close to the end of the roll I am in the dark with out my glasses, the spool is easier to load in the dark, & I really like the M2 frames. I do a fair amount of stage pics. But as a friend pointed out if I'd just shoot a lot more I'd not need the meter. My new darkroom will be done in a month or so and I'll just buy a lot of film instead, but it doesn't hurt to drool a little over a nice camera. Just my thoughts, Jim.

I personally always found it strange people cried about the mp price. It is as tough as any

camera out there, and reliable(with exceptions and lemons im sure). But that price

increase is crazy. It should be the same as the mp. My m6ttl new was 1700, my mp new

was 2500 new. I can tell the difference in the build slightly. I never had any problems with

my m6ttl though, and I used it professionally for years. The mp is great too. That mp3

looks cool, i'd love one, but only if I get rich.<div>00Dch6-25744784.jpg.4556a35b64f11de568e6d9d798dc06be.jpg</div>