shipping photo chemistry

The folks at the Kodak call center (800-242-2424) can probably give you better information. Here's what I recall.

The high pH part of the developer concentrate is usually considered corrosive. Some companies will refuse to ship corrosives by air, but it can be done with smaller quantities with proper labeling. I could tell you how we used to air ship chemical samples to be analyzed, but it has been 10 years since I did this and regulations could have changed.

This pdf file has information about shipping chemicals:

http://www.kodak.com/global/plugins/acrobat/en/service/Zmanuals/z130_01.pdf

In this document, you should change all of the 716 area codes to 585. Kodak has not updated this document in a few years.

if the product is hazardous it would be very expensive to discard if you get caught. The best way to do it is put it on a skid and label everything according to shipping regulations. Then contact a shipping company that delivers via ground ie. fedex ground. I ship everyday cases and it depends on where you are going and if they will deliver to a home. You should put as much as possible on the skid. Negotiate a price.If you have other questions email me.

Don't throw it away! If you do, simply pour it down the drain, which is legal. Personally, if the bottles haven't been opened, drop them in individual plastic bags, put them in an unmarked carton, fill out with peanuts and tape shut. Then, move them to the bedroom or kitchen and mark "Kitchen" on them.

Do NOT screw around with the Post Office under ANY circumstances in this post-9/11 world: If a bottle breaks open, you have a Major League Hassle on your hands!