Photo.net Now Accepts Credit Cards / Subscription Drive

mottershead

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been a member for while (circa 2000) and have benefitted greatly from this site even earlier before that.

I'm a big fan of Philip Greenspun and have actually distributed his web-publishing book in classes I have taught.

However, I was initially put-off when this place became subscription based, especially in light of Greenspun's open source mentality. But, alas, I'm aware those concepts are not truly the same, and the reality is nothing (worthwhile) is free - domains require registration fees, processors need upgrading, good software ain't cheap, and hard drives need replacing - so I've overcome my hesitation to fund this place which has been my photographic home for a while now. I've learned more from Philip's "How-To" pages and the community contributions than all of my photo books combined - and I have A LOT of photo books.

So, Brian, before I actually subscribe, do you have a lifetime subscription option? I noticed somebody above who purchased two 3-year renewals (equating to 9 years of subscriptions?), which is something I'm considering doing but I thought I'd ask first before committing.

Thank you.