How much for M6TTL w/ viewfinder upgrade

jason_b.

So, how much should I ask for my M6TTL? It's black, in Ex+ shape, still has the plastic thing

on the bottom, the strap, cap, and the box. I sent it to Leica Germany to have the Viewfinder

upgrade done, back before DAG was doing it. It's a shame to get rid of it, but I've got two of

them... etc.

I might regret selling it, but I prefer the 50mm framelines in the M3 and M4 I've got. The

camera definately is not minty, but a solid Ex-Ex+. $1400 sounds steep, but I know that

used prices have been following the prices of new stuff in their upward climb.

Jason:

With the VF upgrade, IMO, $1,350-1,400 does not sound unreasonable based on the condition you're describing as long as there are no dents on the body. However, based on the FS/WTB postings I've seen (and experienced) around here on PN, I wouldn't expect to get more than $1,200. However, if you eBay it with a reserve of $1,150 with a buy-it now of, say, $1,350 I can say with some assurance it should sell fairly easily in a 7-day auction (as long as you have positive feedback of +/-10 or more).

Best regards and good luck, Bill

When you come to a fork in the road, take it ...

– Yogi Berra

Without a VF upgrade/recent CLA, M6TTL's in very good condition seem to go for $1,200 here on PN or the LUG.

So add $300 or so to cover your VF upgrade/CLA costs and see if you can get $1,500 for it. Seems like a very fair price, directly correlated to a buyer purchasing a used M6TTL and having to go through the hassle and expense of getting the upgrade themselves.

Scott

If they did the whole works, the outer most pieces of glass will be multicoated and show a

blue reflectivity. Also, when looking through the finder if you move the camera left and right

the rf patch will stay even in tone, without the upgrade you can see the patch change in

whiteness from left to right as you move the camera.

• 4 months later...