Xtol packaging changed again!

I just got a new batch of Xtol and Kodak has changed the 5ltr size. It now is 2 same sized

bags, one white and one yellow, and the A part is now quite a bit larger in amount of

powder, about 1/2 the total instead of the old 1/4 amount. Me thinks they added more

sodium sulfite to the A part. Tried it out and it mixes about the same, just more of A and

less of B. The negs look the same. Let's hope that it keeps well.

Hey Scott, just did the Panatomic-X 120 in replenished Microdol-X straight, and it looks

fantastic, much much better than I would have expected for a film that was 'expired' 4

years before the model was born! I'll post some when I get my Photoshop to work.

The Xtol I got was from my dealer who ordered me a case, this was back when Kodak still

was making B&W paper and my 'photo supply intuition' was sounding the alarm and I

thought that Kodak was going to discontinue Something. I thought it would be chemistry

so I am overstocked with Xtol for a while....

• 3 weeks later...
The next time Kodak changes XTOL packaging, they need to make it available in a smaller pack than 5L. They said they couldn't make it stable and reliable in a 1L pack. I emailed them to suggest, how about a 2L pack? They emailed back that they had no intention of doing this. I wouldn't mind storing 2L at a time. Maybe I could use it all before it went bad. But why 5L? What be wrong with a size that maeks sense, like 1/2 gallon? Even 1 gallon/4L? What are you supposed to do with the extra Litre in a 5L quantity?