A lab to process Agfa Scala 200 in the U.K.?

I have a roll of 35mm Agfa Scala 200 sitting in the fridge. It's

about time I used it - I got it to check out Dr Land's theories

about color and simply didn't get around to making the experiment.

Till now. Trouble is, here in the UK, the lab that used to handle

the processing of this film, Joe's Basement, appears to have folded.

Can anyone tell me who in the U.K. can process this film? Or, if not

in the U.K...anywhere?

Or, failing that, does anyone know how to process the stuff? (I

assume that Scala used a chemical reversal in its process, but don't

know that for a fact.)

Thanks for the info - much appreciated. I'll follow it up tomorrow (it's getting late here).

By the way, the film I have (like a roll I shot years ago) has a Joe's Basement mailer. But I'm interested in getting it processed, or doing it myself, regardless.

Why don't you try to get it done in Germany? They're much more 'Agfa-minded' than any other country in the world.

Mayer Foto Lab in Munich can get it done for you. Just visit their website at http://www.mayer-lab.de or copy and paste the following link for information on developing Agfa Scala in english.

'agfa+scala+entwicklung' also brings up results in google.

Why don't you try to get it done in Germany? They're much more 'Agfa-minded' than any other country in the world.

Mayer Foto Lab in Munich can get it done for you. Just visit their website at http://www.mayer-lab.de or read the attached PDF file for information on developing Agfa Scala in english.

'agfa+scala+entwicklung' also brings up results in google.

Thanks, everyone, for all the suggestions.

What I finally received was the following, and I'm running it below (edited a bit) in case it's also of use to anyone else.

"The Scala Processing service in London - carried out until February 2003 by Joe's Basement - was moved a new lab, Primary Colour, in April of the same year.

"Primary Colour Ltd is one of London's most respected professional

laboratories.

"Scala users with pre-paid processing mailers to Joe's Basement need to re-address the mailers and send them to: Agfa Scala Processing Service, Primary Colour Ltd, PO Box 39098, London E2 8WD.

"They will accept pre-paid mailers with the old address as proof of payment for processing.

"Processing of Scala takes place at Primary Colour's city branch: Primary City, 80 Kingsland Road, London E2 8DP. (Telephone: 020 7729 4949.)

"Full detail of Scala processing prices and additional services such as mounting, Scala to CD, and prints from Scala are available on the

laboratory website: www.primary-uk.com

I've used Primary Colour to process five 35mm Scala 200 (one pushed to ISO400) films within the past two weeks, and they delivered an excellent service. I dropped the exposed films into the Kingsland Road, London E2, branch by hand and collected negatives, 4"x6" prints, and originals scanned to CD, within three days. The results are every bit as good as were those of Joe's Basement. In the past I have also used Primary Colour for mailed-in Scala processing, with no problems. I recommend them.

I just got 4 rolls of scala back from Primary Color and they all had drying marks on them - some very, very obvious. Has anyone noticed this from PC before? I'm considering making a complaint - it's ruined several frames.

I've used them a couple of times before and got pristine slides back, but this time they're marked (and pretty dusty, too). disappointing.

I've also noticed that 7dayshop has run out of scala (since about 3 weeks ago or more) and hasn't got any new stock in (35mm). Does anyone know if 35mm scala is being discontinued?