Originality vs Conservatism

mondiani

To get back to the "original" (pun intended) post I think it is boring rather than conservative. Lots of T&A, girls in bondage, etc. This just reflects what we are exposed to by advertisers on a daily basis. Sex sells. But what the hell do I know?I am just a newbie hack

As far as the Kuhn idea goes, it is clearly not BS and is quite true. However, it was only part of his explanation as to how scientific revolutions come into being, thus the title. Science, more so than other fields, is subject to institutional inertia and his book goes a long way towards explaining why. The current funding structure of basic research is only one example. Another good book is Science Truth and Democracy by Philip Kitcher. Lots of good stuff about "The ideal of objectivity" and "Unacceptable images".

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harvey, if you express ignorant opinions on a public forum like this one, you can expect that the ignorance of your opinions will be pointed out by those who know better. The site maintainer gave you good advice early on in this thread. You chose not to follow his advice. I'm sorry if you feel that I have attacked you personally. I am not sorry for attacking your opinion that any legitimate science is based to any extent on faith.

Whatever side you choose, it's all about faith.<br>

Either in a God no one here had ever seen either in a science that no one here can understand.<br>

Moreover can you imagine that most people living here on earth believe in gods with elephant heads and countless arms who rule the universe by dancing? And that their beliefs are as valid as any other one?

<p> <p>

__________________________________________<br>

<a href="http://www.mondiani.com">www.mondiani.com</a>