Vignetting with Hasselblad 50mm Dis. and 80mm C T*.

rudymerz

Hi,<br><p>

Is the vignetting on the 50mm Distagon and 80mm C T* wide open normal?

I am just curious, usually I do not take images wide open but this looks a little bit strange.

Especially the 50mm, it looks like that it has allways a vignetting. Here is a link to the contact

sheet. <a href="http://www.avianart.com/photographes/etc/50-80-test.jpg">Contact

sheet</a>.<p>

Thanks,<br>

Rudy

No! These images don't look like they're traditional vignetting because the edge loss is so close to the center of the image. Do you have any other lenses you've notice this on? Have you tried these lenses on another body? Are you using standard lens hoods or no lens hoods?

The reason I ask is I wonder if something weird is going on with the light baffle at the back of the camera. I wonder if it's not opening all the way before the exposure is taken or finished. It couldn't be a hot spot from your lighting setup could it?

Michael,

No lens hoods, no filters. The shorter the focal length the more the vignetting/light fall off. I

have this problem with the 150mm too, but less than with the 80mm. I already thought there

is something strange going on here, but could not figure out what.

Thanks

Rudy

It's about the same vignetting at all apertures. The center of the exposre is a little higher than center, most apparent at small stops.

Exposures are inconsistent, too. Compare the equivalent F/shutter speed frames. If you like, I can post an exagerated curve rendition.

Try it again with mirror pre-fire.