ANY MACRO-ELMAR-M 90mm f/4 USERS?

I use to own one until trading up for a 90/2 AA. Works better than a normal 90/4 because it focuses a bit closer in the standard mode: 0.77 meters vs 1 meter. Optically wide open, it's at least as sharp or sharper than most 90s at f/4 except for the 90/2 AA or the current 90/2.8 Elmarit-M which are a hair sharper but larger and heavier. Stopping down provides little more than greater dof as correction @ f/4 is near optimal. I've never used the macro adaptor but have only heard good things about it. You have to decide on it's worth based on your situation but if you need better close up ability and can live with f/4, I think it's worth it.

I have the 90/4 macro elmar with the macro adaptor. I also have the 90AA, which is heavy and bulky. For me the 90/4 lens is a great travel companion; light weight and collapsible; incredibly sharp even at its widest aperture, which has practically replaced my 90AA as the regular use 90mm lens. The macro adaptor works well; gives you a ratio of 1:3 and closest focus distance of 50cm; its pricey though for what it can offer. Hope this helps. Regards.