Problems posting

kenb

When I try to post a picture to my gallery I get the folowing message

Server Error.

The requested URL cannot be accessed due to a system error on this

server.

AOLserver/4.0 on http://www.photo.net

I have written to Photonet twice on this but not had a reply.

My subscription is due in the next few days but I am reluctant to

renew as I cannot make use of the service .

Any help?

Ken.

Glad I found this post. I am new to the forum and have been trying to upload a photo for the last several days. Every time I get to the upload section, before I can even choose a photo to upload, my browser gets hammered and closes. Both IE and FireFox.

Mike

This might help someone. I was having the same problem last week, and got the same server errors numerous times. In this day of digitally manipulated everything, the uploading errors seem to usually have something to do with the file structure. I may be wrong, but if the file is not "flattened," it will not upload. If it's saved as a lossless jpeg, it will not upload. So, from my experience, the first thing to try is saving the file as a relatively small, simple jpeg (under 50k) and see if the upload works. If that one will work, but the version you want to upload won't work, it's probably the file. Just a thought.

Best Regards.

I reproduced a small version of the photograph again using the save for web command in Photoshop 7 and this time it uploaded ok .

I don't know what I did different to last time , however if you get a Server error the problem appears to lie with the file , something I never would have guessed.

Thanks to everone who helped to resolve this matter .

Best wishes

ken.