Websites/Magazines to sell Sonoma Grand Prix (IRL) Pix ?

carl chandler

You don't say whether or not you have signed releases from the drivers and car owners. If not, you'll be stuck selling to "news" type outlets only. In that case, best bet would be to get your hands on the latest Photographers Market handbook. Each publication will have the necessary submission requirements in there.

If you're going to attempt to make money using their image in a commerical venture, yes. It doesn't matter what you're classification is. What matters is the way in which the photo is used. Yes, you can sell and make money from them but only for something that would be considered informational or editorial in nature. This would include books, newspapers and magazines. Trying to sell framed prints of the race on your wesbite would NOT be covered and you would be fair game for some racer's lawyer.

Search under "copyright" and "fair use" for photography and you should find what you need.

Keith.

<BR>

So that means I cant do as I please with my own pictures? Wouldnt they be my copyrighted pictures since I'm the one that has taken them? So I could then submit them to Magazines and puplicashions?

<BR>

Thank you Keith for the information, I will look into the copyright and fair use photography laws.