Removing a lens from 20D

teelions

I have a 85 1.8 EF mounted on a 20D. The camera is working correctly with the

lens attached and all focus and metering functionalities are working correctly.

But I have been turning this sucker, counter-clockwise, with a lot of strength

and cannot remove it from the camera. It was off. I put it on, gently, with no

problems. Former Nikon-guy here, loving the camera but hating the mount. What

to do?

Terry

The red dot is just for lining up the lens, not a button! You need to press the black button to the right of the lens as you look at the front of the camera. The button wil be just next to the lens on the camera body. Press this as you turn the lens. I hope this works

The red button is just for lining up te lens to the camera when mounting the lens. There is a semi-rectangular button just below the button where you pop up the on board flash. That rectangular button should be depressed while turning the lens counter clockwise if you are looking down the lense to the camera. Hope this helps and if not I would have a repair facility look at the camera because lenses should mount and dismount fairly easily on the 20d. Good luck1

Yes, that was it. Duh! Bought this second-hand, no instruction booklet included though there was the Rob Sheppard Magic Lantern Guide in the box. But I couldn't find this answer in that book. Thanks for your assistance!

<P><I>"I have been turning this sucker, counter-clockwise, with a lot of strength and cannot

remove it from the camera. It was off. I put it on, gently, with no problems. Former Nikon-

guy here, loving the camera but hating the mount. What to do?"</I></P>

<P>I'm a Canon guy but own a few Nikons. They have a lens release button in exactly the

same spot. Hopefully you didn't bend anything important...</P>

Sometimes the light’s all shining on me. Other times I can barely see.

- Robert Hunter

<i>I sometimes have difficulty finding the gascap release latch in rental cars...</i>

<p>A few years ago, I had a rental car and couldn't find the gascap release. I drove to a gas station that had mechanics (a rarity in Australia) and asked them for help. The first mechanic couldn't find it, neither could the second. It was only when the third guy came out to try that it got found - under the floor mat.