Rangefinder or SLR?

I myself love European Rangefinders. Somehow a Retina II recently became my carry everywhere. FED 2s are also nice, but they need lenscaps you can loose and have windingknobs too, the Retina (a folder) by the way is a worse camera for action because the shutter is cocked with a separate lever. Zorki 4K offer more shutter speeds and a winding lever, but it's harder to set the right shutter speed. Maybe you'll like to try some MF? - Moskvas come to my mind.

I'm quite sure I've never seen no 17mm for 150 $/Euro, otherwise I'd have it now. - I love 20mm as focal length on film. Make sure to get a better lens than Soligor's.

By the way: I firmly believe a 3rd lens being the reason to buy a 2nd body. I never thought much about how to spend money. Either I was limited by needs, or I jumped on the 1st reasonable offer.

You have an excellent SLR, you don't really need a Nikon now.

Get a 135mm, a 2X converter, a dedicated flash for your FTBn Canon, those are enough for the system. The money left over, spend on a Canon QL17 ranger finder. You'll never worry about the value of those cameras and take your time to make excellent pictures, and let us enjoy them with you.

Cheers Minh

It's not a rangefinder but you seem to be interested in Street Photography so why not pick up a cheap Rollei 35, it doesn't matter if it's dinged or scuffed or that the meter doesn't work. Just get to know it very well, using the sunny 16 method and learn to judge distances automatically and what you have in your hand will produce images that are very like a Leica M. The lenses on those cameras are very good, please believe me, only they are 40mm as opposed to the standard 50mm on most rangefinders. With practice you can change the aperture ring with your finger wrapped around the lens barrel. You can shoot fast and well.

I highly recommend the 35. Regards, Ian