for other developers, Ilford's recommended times can be

significantly understated. The Massive Develpement Chart has

the same times listed as Ilford, and I was unable to find any

other specific suggestions on the archives. I have some shot at

EI 1600, and some at 3200, both taken in a stage lighting

situation, in 35mm. I am fully aware that development times will

vary due to a variety of contirbuting factors, but if you have used

those film/developer/EI combinations, I would appreciate a

suggested starting time. Thanks for the help.

Dave

I typically developed for 50% more than the suggested time for a given EI because Delta 3200 is a low contrast film. Also, I usually print on a dichro head enlarger, which can use the extra contrast. As a baseline I use whatever is suggested on the Ilford or Massive Dev Chart on the www.digitaltruth.com websites.

I have shot exactly one roll of the 3200 EI 1600 in the Microphen, with the digitaltruth times, and got good results.

I have found Illford's devving times for this film in DDX to be insufficient. As for other developers-- Xtol, Perceptol, Microphen-- I have found the times/dilutions on the massive chart to be very good starting points.

When I took some shot of my newborn daughter, I exposed at 3200 ISO and used whatever time was recommended by Ilford (9min if I am not wrong). Important: I also used the agitation pattern Ilford recommended.

I liked the shots, but your mileage might vary (an example attached).

This is for 35mm, with Nikon 50mm 1.8 AF.<div>00CX8V-24121184.jpg.84bd1d21c84c5720622d4bf26cc75a59.jpg</div>

Dave, this is a special film/developer combination that requires you to ignore your common sense. I have run a lot of tests with this film and developer. Give it much more time. What Lex says, 50% more, is good advice. Also, agitation is important and does affect the results in ways that are difficult to understand based on experience with "normal" film/developer combos.<br><br>

Here is a thread that will help you.<br>

<a href="http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=008X8q" target=_blank>http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=008X8q</a>