stealing images from P.Net users

glenn traver

John is right on this one, Glenn. Blogging has become a way of life for many Net surfers and you can't stop it. I have been blogged so many times now I just do not care anymore. For the most part it doesn't really hurt since they are not selling anything (that I know of).<p>

And that is actually the key point: they are not selling the blogged image. In my view, if the reverse were true and the image was being used for capital gain, then that would be stealing my intellectual property and that would force my hand to recover my losses. Of course, this is easier said than done. If the usurper is in the States, it is easy to bring charges against them; if out of the country, on the other hand, it is quite a different matter altogether. Regards.

I just found one of mine on a South Korean website. At least the blogger listed my name and the photo title and it showed up on a Google search.

I use a combination of low pixel counts, copyright notices, and website monograms on the images. That way the images won't even make a good desktop background. At least the website monogram is a plug back to my own website.

Glenn, I know what you mean and sympathize with you. It is sort of like me borrowing a book by d.h.lawrence from the local library, with all of the juicy parts having been highlighted by past borrowers. Then my boss at work picks up the book from my desk and thumbs through it, not realizing that it was borrowed from the library. What an impression!<p>

But seriously, I think most surfers understand that Blogs are filled with content from sources whose authors have no idea that it was Blogged. The best you can do is write to the person that owns the Blog that you are concerned about and ask to have the content removed. Regards.

"How do we keep people from using our images posted on P.net in there Blogs".

You can't. The best you can do is sue them (or threaten to sue them) or complain to their service providers about copyright violation.

Unless you both live in Texas and you own a gun and know where they live, that's about the best you can do.