my very one leica m buyer's guide

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Michael B Elmer,

Stop taking life so seriously.

Frank is a breath of fresh air. He's entertaining. His posts are clearly meant to be taken lightly not as seriously as you and others take him.

He should definitely not be banned.

And Joel Matherson fellow Australian, I am not fabricating the position on factory trained CL repair persons. There were only five factory trained techs on the CL.

Nor I am overstating the position on Sherry Krauter. I've had 8 cameras CLA'd by her. She's far and away the best in the world, even as far away as Melbourne Australia. Would not entrust my Leica M's or SL's to anyone else.

Regards,

Tony

Amen Ray Hull!

Joel...

Baseball America's 'World Series' is so named after THE NEWSPAPER (now long defunct) that originally concieved of and hosted the event. It's not, and never was, the manifestation of some kind of national superiority complex as you seem to think.

Apparently we all mis-speak once in a while, as Ray says just scroll on by.

Although my CL is not recommended as the best Leica on my Leica M buyer's guide, because it is small and made by Minolta, hopefully it will be fixed soon by Sherry so that it will be "the Leica" I use to capture the fine deep shadows without the dork bar via Ilford and not Tri-X, unless I find the better M4-P or give me 5 so that my tiny CL will have a friend hanging sideways from my neck. Now wouldn't that be something!

Those who miss Phill Kneen can find his tersely comical prose at the official Leica site where he still holds sway. Frank, I enjoyed your little "Buyer's Guide" but we must forgive those who take offense and object to attempts here at levity. For many of us, after having paid a stunning price for the object of our desire, there's little room left for humor (humour). BTW before you attempt to snag an M-4 P for yourself, call Sherry and ask her personal opinion of the camera. I'd also like to take this opportunity to say that I resent all the nasty slurs against drinkers which occur here. If it were not for those who imbibe, where would government be today? ;<)) Best regards, Bill

Who does Frank hurt? He's not mean, nasty, rude or vulgar. What right do YOU have to say he should be banned? He's asking questions in a fun way. I know "fun" is not in the vocabulary of some here on the Leica forum who feel we should keep everything serious, and only ask "serious" questions; and, God forbid if you ask a question that was already asked here in 1999, and could be researched in the archives!

If you dislike Frank's posts, then don't open or contribute to a thread he authors. And, if you should happen upon his name in the middle of a thread started by someone else, then just ignore him and scroll past. I can't believe you'd be so full of yourself that you'd think YOU have the right to ban someone just because you dislike his style. Just go back to your proctologist and have him loosen up a stitch or two, you'll enjoy life a lot more.

Ban Him? I think he should be a poster child for what this forum has degenerated in to.

Drive out all the serious photographers with childish arguing and closeminded opinions and what do you have left?

Take a look around at the photos posted to this forum and compare it to what it used to be.

I love Leicas, I used to think that most poeple who used Leicas were cool. In my world they still are but this forum has opened my eyes to a whole world of creepy Leica folks. Sorry guys, stop your silliness. get busy and get creative. Life's to short to sit around arguing on a place like this.