Nude Males anyone !

uk_wanderer

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brian - well said!

And it also explains why there are some questionable images from time to time. All in all it hasn't been a real problem from my side of the monitor. I know it is for some, especially those with children, but bravo to Peter for pointing out the parent's role in all this. Frankly, as a childless adult, I'm becoming *deeply* sick of hearing about "the family" this, and "the family" that, and we must "protect" the children, and do this - or not do that - because a child might see it, and all of it is aimed at eliminating or curbing things that adults legitimately enjoy and should not have restricted just because someone else decided to breed. If you're going to have kids, it's up to you to cover the raising of them and what they may come in contact with - not me to stop doing something that's perfectly legal. But being fair, I'm in favor of controls that allow parents to do their job. V-chips on tv's, Net-Nanny/Cyber Patrol on the internet, a filter or two saying "do not allow viewing of Nude category" or what have you. That allows me full freedom to see whatever I want to see, and them the freedom not to see it - or come as close to not seeing it as is possible.

Brian - how hard would it be to put such a check-box up to allow/disallow the Nude category? It's not foolproof, but it might help those with issues.

Nipples for men are an embriological reminant. In utero, male and female genitals (the

primary differences between the sexes) develop from the same rudimentary structure.

Similarly, nipples develop from rudimentary structures, but remain dormant until puperty,

when they develop under the changing hormonal enviroment of the maturing female. The

reason why male embryos develop nipples is perhaps related to the fact that they develop

before the primary sexual characteristics, even though the sex of the embryo is

determined by genetics. It may be "inefficient" for them to be "got rid of" once made by

processes such as selective cell death. However the bottom line is that no-one really

knows. Those of us who trust in the Great God Darwin, believe that there must be some

evolutionary advantage. Other gods, may have other explanations.

Afterall, we are only called "mammals" because we have mammary glands!

Nick.

Forum Moderator, I'm feeling a little uncomfortable with all this discussion of male nipples, erect or not. Is there a way I could apply a male nipple filter to PN discussion boards so I don't have to read about this topic that I'm sure many of us find to be aesthically/morally offensive?

Keith, I take the abuse and stigmatisation of Psychiatric Diagnosis very seriously, what I

don't take at all seriously are your mis-informed pseudo-medical comments, from which I,

and others may take offence. You may find paraphillia funny in a manner more

characteristic of an adolescent school-boy, but perhaps you would not think so if you ever

have the misfortune to be a victim of an exhibitionist!

There is no such thing as "Freudian Philosophy", and the "I" in SSRI means "Inhibition", so I

have no idea what you are talking about. Perhaps you should try and restrict your

comments to the subject of the forum thread, i.e. "Male Nudes", or perhaps go off and

take some photographs, before you make more of a fool out of your-self.

With respect, Nick.

Very interesting controverse and strange discussion and basically about moral-issues, but quite a bit off topic, I guess.

Oh, the male nipples: well, I like mine and I can only say that in everyday life nipples are having an important role in ones sex-life. That's reason enough, Darwin or not, to like them, or not?

Michael

I would like to say a big thank you to all that took the time to contribute to this thread.I must state that I do not have a problem with nudes, male or female.My concern was the overall unartistic male shots. I do not have an example to show.The ease of digital imaging will bring more of this lowering of talent for posing a model, setting the lighting etc..

I suppose its a little bit like the quality of television programs. We see the standards dropping bit by bit and only notice the changes when with take the time to compare.

I will spend more time with Em ( my daughter )on PN, as she prefers to go through the Top Photos.

This was a sensible discussion by adults. I applaud every one of you. If only we could put the world to rights in the same way. It could mean an end to war, starvation and poverty.

Soapbox away now and camera out..

Many thanks.

Nudity is natural (we're born that way). Violence is not. Yet we have many tv programmes that show violence in numerous degrees. When my children were growing up, my wife and I never hid our nudity or nude pictures. We did however keep graphic violence out of their sites and change channels on the tv if violence came on. Some people really do have their "concerns" misplaced. Mr, Winkie?? Who the hell is that? It's a penis for goodness sake! why the euphemisms. Loosen up and grow up!! (as in relax and mature).

• 2 weeks later...