Any good DVD's?

With a college you are paying tuition for college credit, not just for the class itself. Look into an arts collaborative or something like that in your hometown. I think the local ones in Philly charge anywhere from Free (by lottery) to $200 for a basic develop/print type class.

There are dozens of good websites with info for novice to intermediate and even expert photographers who want to master the b&w darkroom. That would be a good place to start.

I used to have a list of many of those URLs but that PC crashed. Offhand I'd suggest http://www.rogerandfrances.com/. Roger Hicks and Frances Schultz have collaborated on many photography books, written magazine articles and Roger has been (or was, not sure about now) a longtime member of the CompuServe photography forum, one of the first photo related cyberspace groups.

However there are many others. If you dig around the archives of this forum you may find other suggestions. After you've grasped the basics then you can devote that $1,000 toward workshops with master darkroom technicians. Best wishes.

Look for some of the old Fred Picker videos. Not everyone agrees with his methods but it will give you a look at one way of doing things. Really the best learning tool is being able to look at good prints. So try and find other local people to look at prints with.