IS when using a monopod

d_weissman

I was just curious about the use of IS while using a monpod. I am using a very

nice Gitzo monopod with my 100-400 L IS. I was shooting dive and swim meets.

BTW, These L lenses are addictive. I now have 24-70. 70-200 and 100-400.

Thinking of adding 16-35L. Any suggestion to save my marriage?...lol?

I only have two "L's" - And a Leica M kit and a Leica R kit. My marriage is holding. But I found the key.

I suggest a baby blue box, baby blue ribbon and THE baby blue bag - a gift from Tiffany's. If you live in an area with one of their stores, then bring all your male children with you when you make the purchase - they will definitely be introduced to a whole new dimension of male initiation rite. Your male children will learn a valuable life lesson in catering to the female brain. Your sons will be impressed by your shopping skill because the Tiffanyメs sales persons are skilled in impressing your children ヨ with catering to your shopping skills - beyond belief.

There is no aphrodisiac like THE baby blue bag - it's the female version of the white lens. You will only be set back about the price of an inexpensive L if you choose carefully. Your spouse will be the envy of her friends - all because of YOUR good taste AND the blue bag - THE key to spousal harmony.

Remember, the baby BLUE bag is more important than the trinket. The trinket will glow baby blue to all of her female mates - they can see the BLUE bag surrounding the trinket even when worn on the beautiful frame or your spouse. It's the holy grail of gifts to the spouse.

IS is really meant for hand holding, it expects the movement. If you stabilize it, it will tend to hunt with the slightest nudge, such as a shutter click, and the image be blurred. I always turn it off for tripod, and I see how much motion there is a with a monopod before making a descion. Just my experience.

<p>IS works beautifully on a monopod. Adding a monopod to my kit, which already included IS lenses, allowed me to leave my tripod at home a lot of the time. Use mode 1 if you're trying to stay still, and mode 2 if you're panning horizontally or vertically, just as you would when handholding.</p>

<p>Before trying to save the marriage, have you asked what trade-in value the wife would be worth on a new lens? :-)</p>