jh de beer

Don't scream immediately, I know all of you know this by now, and I have

searced but couldn't find the answer. I am also fairly new to PN. So please

bear with me.

If I open up an image of mine, and click on the number of ratings, a screen

display anonymous ratings and direct ratings (also displayed is the name of

the rater which helps a lot under direct ratings). My questions is: what is

the difference between anonymous and direct ratings, and how must I rate so

that the photographer will see that it was I that gave him that rating?

Thank you in advance.

JH de Beer

If you want your rate to be publique dont use the rate recent queue, rate them directly on the rankings or go to the photographers page. The diference is that the anonymous rates are required to get on the default view when you open the top photos feature. Another diference is that there are more anonymous 3\3 than there are direct..

JH,

Anonymous ratings are those given via the "Rate Photos" link (a.k.a. Rate Recent Queue) under the Gallery tab at the top of every photo.net page ( http://www.photo.net/gallery/photocritique?rating_type=photocritique&topic_id=1481&recent=4 ). Anonymous ratings are the only ones counted for several sorts of the TRP (Top Rated Photos), including the default view. The reason that only anonymous rates count is that it prevents the TRP pages from being manipulated by mate raters and their friends.

All other rates are direct rates and are public. You directly rate individual photos of your choice, rather than through the random selection of the Rate Recent Queue. To rate directly, you select the "RATE" tab underneath the individual photo and enter you rating. You access the individual photo be either going directly to the photographers portfolio, or you select individual photos from the "Critique Forum" page, which is linked under the Gallery tab at the top of the page. ( http://www.photo.net/bboard/forum?topic_id=1481 )