Beseler 4x5 camera instructions?

beau_schwarz2

Most 4x5 cameras are not hard to figure out. They have a method of loading a film holder in the back, a method of racking in and out the bellows and usualy various movements of the front standard - which are controlled by knobs. What is the mystery? Does the camera have a focal plane shutter?

Ive got one of these and have been trying to get a handbook for sometime --they now seem to be unavailable--unless anybody is willing to let me have a copy.

This camera is well ahead of its time in terms of features -but underdeveloped as regards reliability--it would be interesting to know whether your rangefinder mechanism is complete and if the focal plane shutter works properly

I have two of these cameras. I recently overhauled one using the parts from the second. Be careful. Although a very clever and modern design for its day, these cameras are rather fragile. That's why the USAF cancelled the contract after one year and returned to the Graphic camers. I don't have the time to write a whole set of operating instructions, but I'd be happy to answer specific questions, as I've stripped these things down pretty thoroughly, and am therefore one of the few people who actually knows how they work, inside and out.