What do you suggest?

"I'm still concerned about the ease with which you may be able to anticipate the ordering of uploads so your friends can time it in the queue. We'll be able to tell soon enough." Carl R.

Yes, I agree. I have seen two cases now that looked quite suspicious. If there is a will, they will probaably find the way...

Actually, Vincent, I suspect Bob and I understand how the Rate Recent Sum works just as well as you do. We're just not as outraged by the problems it causes for those who get a lot of high ratings from their friends. The whole argument that it really hurts your visibility if you have a lot of people who already look at and rate your work rings a bit hollow. But thanks for the personal insults--always a pleasure hearing from you.

Sorry Mike, there were no personal insults here. Read again. I just stated that you don't even really have a clue how the rate recent sum works, based on your erroneous comment above. Carl saved much typing by replying to you for me. What he said is very true. Dave saved me much typing as well when Bob also showed he did not fully understand the rate recent sum.

However your continuous snyde remarks towards me are getting old. Perhaps if your arguments has some teeth, I'd certainly be willing to adjust my viewpoint. No joking. Your sarcasm is deep in most all your comments when I am involved. The first comment from you above is very typical. Sorry if my reply hurt your feelings.

The bottom line Mike is that the rate recent sum was unfair (as I've already mentioned) according to Brian's own words. It was easy for anybody to see how unfair it was to photographers with any people interested in them. That is also why it has been changed back. If you perhaps posted images you would see things differently I am sure. The amount of exposure one receives on an image found in the TRP is far greater than if even hundreds of interested people check it out. I did not subscribe, offer thousands of ratings and almost 1500 comments so just a few friends could visit my work. Webshots pays me to do just that, actually. The *opportunity* for some exposure (especially since I only post an image or two per month) and interaction because of that exposure is very reasonable. Hope this helps. Have a good one.