Art Shows, Buying supplies in bulk, and more

I currently have my work in three galleries but the sales art that strong yet

and I have made most of my money off art shows. I was looking for general advice

about making it in the art show world. Also, Does anyone know of great places to

buy frames, matting and other materials in bulk? Where is a good place buy

canopy? Thanks for any help.

A Canopy I would suggest a Whse Club. BJ's has had an EZ-UP 10x10 with 4 sides for $200 as of last year. Matting in standard sizes Bags Unlimited

http://www.bagsunlimited.com/cart/browse.asp?subcat=261

Backing boards, cards, envelopes, clear packaging clearbags.com

http://www.bagsunlimited.com/cart/browse.asp?subcat=261

The best deal on frames, buy collage frames. They are on sale 2-4 times a year for $5 or less (16x20). Watch the glass. You may have to replace some of the glass. I have found waves and other defects in the glass.

11 1/4" x 14 1/8" (286x362)

Crystal Clear Plastic Bags with Adhesive Strip on the Flap - Holds 11" x 14" paper up to 3/16" thick

#B11S

11 7/16" x 14 1/4" (290x362)

Crystal Clear Plastic Bags with Adhesive Strip on the Flap - Holds 11" x 14" up to 3/8" thick

#B11

11 11/16" x 14 3/8" (297x365)

Crystal Clear Plastic Bags with Adhesive Strip on the Flap

#B11M

14 1/4" x 11 1/16" (362x281)

#B1411S

14 7/16" x 11 1/8" (367x283)

#B1411

I use documounts.com for my matting/backboard materials. Great prices and excellent quality! I bought my EZ canopy tent at Home Depot on sale for $160. Acetate bags, I purchase through Clear Images. Photographers Edge has nice card stock. I purchased several dozen to make photo-cards. again, nice quality. I haven't had too much luck with frames yet...i am still using a local craft store for that. Good luck!

Thanks, Joe. I should have checked the catalog before posting.

I often print on 9-1/2"x13" sheets (half of a 13"x19" sheet). Aside from folding and taping down the sides of a larger envelop, are there tips on how to handle these odd size prints?

Jacqueline, I order my metal frames from AmericanFrames, and have yet to find a better price. For glass, I find a local hardware store that will give me the best deal.