C-41 Mixing Fixer/Replenisher Question

Hey all

I'm going to be mixing my C-41 chemicals this afternoon (they *finally* arrived), but I have

a question about the 5-gallon Fixer/Replenisher I'd like to make sure I'm thinking

correctly on.

It says "Dilute this concentrate for use as replenisher or tank solution."

So, if I were to want to use this as replenisher, I'd use it straight (at the appropriate

measurements) -- but since I'm doing my initial mix, which will be stored for future use, I

need to mix the whole bottle into a 5-gallon dilution, right?

Well, I'm probably only going mix 1-gallon worth, but you get the gist of my question.

Hit enter too fast before thinking things through well enough, sorry.

1. To make this a replenisher, I have to dilute it.

2. To make it a tank solution, I have to dilute it.

I'm using this with my CPE-2, so I want to make a tank solution -- so I need to dilute it

(right?).

So there's never a time when I use this straight? I could have sworn I read somewhere that

you used this straight out of the bottle...

Okay, I found where I read "use at full strength" -- and it was in Kodak's tech papers, and it

was referring to the Bleach III.

Now, if I decide to not mix a full 5 gallons of Fixer and just mix 1 gallon, can't I just use 760

ml of the concentrate into the gallon of water?

The working tank solution is the same strength as the replenisher: Mix the concentrate 1+4, so whatever measuring cup you use, just one cup of concentrate and four more of water...

My suggestion: Use a gallon bottle for the "working tank," and when it's spinning with the fixer, put the replenisher in the bottle. Then, when you catch the used juice, pour it back into the gallon jug, discarding the overflow.

Keep it simple!

Do this for your color dev and bleach, too.

BUT, save the bleach overflow, as you can regenerate it and use it as replenisher. In a week or two I'll be ordering a case of 6 bottles of concentrate:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=27568&is=REG&addedTroughType=categoryNavigation

...And then taking orders for single bottles.