but can't remember whether it was definitely IDed. I used one roll

and lost my notes and haven't used any other rolls since. I found my

original question asking for developer and time on this forum, but

couldn't find a follow up with times given. It was given in a post

but can't find it.

Is there anyone out there that bought that bargain batch of Macrophot

UP100 120 film back in fall of 2003? If so, anyone use Rodinal, FG-7

or D-76? If so, please give me the speed you rated the film at, what

developer, time, temp, agitation etc. you used.

I'm just getting back to medium format and have 10 + rolls of UP100 ,

and am eager to use them. Thanks in advance.

Thanks Dean, once again. A friend in need is a friend indeed!

I'm trying to compare three 120 folders I got from three different Pn members: 2 Zeiss 520s and a Perkeo 1. Plan to set up the 3 of them on dedicated tripods and shoot same subject--one after the other-- at same exposure, in open sunlight, shade and portrait by window light. Then develop all three in the same soup.

I've had good results with Rodinal 1:50 with several emulsions, so I'll follow your method using same speed rating, time, temp, and agitation for this odd batch of Macophot UP 100.

BTW, was it mislabeled UP 50? Was there such a film? Do these Macophot emulsions have a root in earlier products made by other manufacturers?

How did you like the results from this bargain batch? Were there surprises, i.e. inconsistensies: a mixed bag or some 100 and some 50 ISO emulsions?

Les, the Macophot UP 100 is rebranded Efke 100 film. I don't know if this particular batch was actually a defective run of the 100 speed emulsion, or mis-labeled 50 speed film. I bought 50-60 rolls of it at the time because I knew it was actually Efke, and I like their emulsions very much. I started out running it as a 100 film, but quickly dropped the speed to 50 and got what I expected from an Efke film.

I'm down to may last 10 roll pack of this stuff. Now I wish I'd bought all that John had at the time.

Not sure if there is a Maco UP 50. Efke makes an R50 though. Maybe it got mixed in with the Maco backing paper and packaged as 100.

I too bought about 50 rolls of the stuff, wish I bought more...I have developed it in D76 and rodinal with great success. One time I accidently developed a roll in Rodinal 1:50 and used my 1:25 time/temp. I ended up with SUPER thin negatives, but they were actually very printable and had an interesting effect.<div>00CQAt-23915384.jpg.3cd1fed28f3b4fbce9f0b6806015aa0b.jpg</div>