Strap for Mamiya 645

hjoseph7

I love Op/Tech USA's <a href="http://www.optechusa.com/product/detail/?

PRODUCT_ID=46&PRODUCT_SUB_ID=&CATEGORY_ID=4" target="new">Super Pro</a>

strap. You need clip design B for your Mamiya. I use it on my 645 Pro, and the Pro Loop

style on my larger MF. They really take the weight off your neck and still remain

comfortable (even with the non-slip texture). Very much worth $20. I bought mine locally

but B+H carries them too. Also, try wearing the strap across one shoulder with the

camera low above your hip. Comfortable for long periods of time and, depending on your

frame, you may be able to maneuver your camera as normal.<BR><BR>

By the way, I just bought a Koni Omega (a big 6x7 rangefinder w/ grip) and it makes the

Mamiya feel like a 35mm :)

Lacy - the Optech website seems to indicate that their straps cannot be used for the M645 Pro or Super. It was my understanding that the clips with that strap are compatible with the lugs on the older, M645, M645J or M645 1000S. Do I take it that you have used it successfully with an M645 Pro? I have the M645 Super, and I would really like to find a better strap.

Thanks

I thought the same thing until I tried the strap out at a local camera shop. How I

understand it, the double strap bolt on the right side of the body is made to use two

straps at once: a neck strap and the powder drive grip strap. I think that Mamiya's neck

strap somehow allows you to clip onto the lower part of the bolt leaving the top exposed

for the grip strap. The Op/Tech clips sit on top, probably making the use of the grip strap

impossible.

I don't have a drive grip, much less the strap, so I'm just speculating. I've also never used

the Super or the TL and they may have totally different strap bolts for all I know. Hope

this helps though ..

• 1 year later...