I found the 35mm Holga

larrydressler

A while back someone in here was wondering about 35mm camera that

would give results like a Holga. Well I think I may have discovered

it. It a a single use camera that cost a whole $1.00 and it even says

it is reloadable on the paper cover. It is a "PAKCELL". I also tryed

a little camera call "Special Moments" but I found it to sharp Here

is an example of what it does.

There's actually a 35mm Holga-branded camera for sale on the *Bay. It's got a name like AFX 35, or something. Looks like the kind of camera you find at a dollar store.

But if you want to know the lowdown on such cameras, go visit junkstorecameras.com -- it's by far the best source for cameras that were meant to give fuzzy results.

-DK

I tried a Special Moments camera a while back- try a search for it. And look for the "Dollar Cam" photos if they're still on my portfolio.

One thing I found was it seems to be focused at maybe 8', and does not have enough depth-of-field to bring "infinity" into focus.

I got some neat pics from it, but had some disappointments, too.

I have several Smena, their lens is definitely not plastic, I even dismentle one and made a mount for it ( to be mated to my Leica ), IMHO the Smena a bit too good for Holga style Lomography. The lens just having too much DOF and simply too sharp. I've try the Villa which to me is a better one for this kind of picture taking.

I Still can't post the pictures here but I have to Ramble for a moment.

Cheap Soviet And Now Russian Cameras are great ... I hope now that Ukrain is a true freemarket that Kiev will focus on the Medium format a little closer and decide to bring back the Kiev 20 it was the SLR that was discontinued because even under a Communist government using a Nikon mount it was expensive to produce. I have one top speed 2000 ASA Range with selectable Spot and adverage metering .and we know what the crompramise was .. a Kiev 19M. A plastic fantastic 50 buck camera That was still an SLR with a toop speed of 500. Hell the French had wet plates faster than that in 1899 Just kidding ... Some times a ramble is just fun