ExposureManager, PhotoShelter, PrintRoom, SmugMug...

I'm considering signing up with ExposureManager or PhotoShelter and wondering

if anyone has any direct experience with them and/or comparisons with similar

sites like smugmug, printroom, photoreflect, lightboxphoto, etc... I know

they're not all exactly the same with some offering different types of

services. <p>

I basically want a way to post proof images from portrait sessions, weddings,

and events and have a way for people to order prints or digital copies online.

I'd prefer to have the site manage all of the order/sales transaction and

printing. Easy upload, clean interface, low fees.

Hi, I have signed up for both Photoshelter and Exposure Manager. Photoshelter works great for storage, I have not tried it for sales since you would need to set up your own merchant account or use paypal.

I have ordered some prints of my own pictures through Exposure Manager. I had one framed and put in in a small group art show and the other artists seemed to like it a lot. They do request that you check the colors against their RGB profile. But printing for your own use is quite affordable. I did ask them to put on my own site's name on the back though, but they have not done that yet, they just print Exposure Manager instead...

However I do like them. Have not had a sale from either site, but I'm not sure how to direct people there except by a link from my own site.

Rosemary

• 5 months later...
I suggest printroom since they handle all you ask for and more. Their software is the easiest to use and the best for any workflow. Add on that theres no monthly fees or hidden fees like photoshelter does. Plus, GREAT customer service. Always someone there to talk to and you get an account manager, what they call their business consultants to help you on the business side of things.

• 6 months later...

I just signed up for PhotoShelter yesterday and have uploaded a couple hundred images if you want to take a look. I am on the standard account right now. Getting the images on there is very easy and quick once you get the uploaded program. I haven't activated the e-commerce features yet as I'm working through a backlog of images, but I will soon. I plan to implement it onto my regular website too after I get enough images up on there.

<a href="http://www.photoshelter.com/usr-show?U_ID=U0000ehC3Cnuvcs8">My PhotoShelter Archive</a>