I've started shooting RAW images alongside my JPEGs usually in the

instance of low light or questionable white balance. I load the

images into Adobe CS2 and the JPEG's exposures look pretty decent, but

the RAW images look to be over-exposed and over saturated. Is there a

reason for this? Do I need to change some settings in CS2?

Also processing RAW in the best manner requires some knowledge upfront. Please buy a good book on CS2's ACR. It's guaranteed 100% of the time the RAW processed by you to the final image will be better than the JPG straight out of the camera.

Bruce Fraser's "Real World Camera Raw for Photoshop CS2" is a must if you're new to RAW...It's a great book, and also has alot of automation info that will help developing your workflow. With RAW, what you might want to do is create a new "camera default" for your camera(s), if you see something have to change continually (explained in depth in Fraser's book)...once you do it for awhiule, you might not shoot jpg again--I sure don't: it's more flexible AND easier, once you get your workflow routine down. Do invest in the above book-you'll be happy you did!

Never mind the books. The way Photoshop (or other converters) interprets RAW data is different from either the camera or Canon's converter. Personally I think ACR just sucks, no matter how you play with it's options.

Try other RAW converters (Canon or Bibble) to see if you get results similar to your jpgs.