Infrared availability?

willscarlett

I keep hearing a lot about the Maco 820 IR film, but I can't seem to find any place that sells it... at least

here in the US. Where can you get this?

Also, I've read the Rollei IR film only goes up to 720 nm and Ilford says their SFX 200 reaches the same

spectral sensitivity. Is there really any difference between these two films, besides the ASA?

The Maco IR 820c is no longer made. The Maco film is trying to be brought back my Rollei. I think some people have noted, the Rollei version of the Maco film is somewhat different.

The Maco IR 820c was an incredible Infra Red film, almost as good as Konica's Infra Red film. But with the Maco film, in order to get IR results, you had to rate it around EI 15 to 25, when metering TTL with a Red Filter.

Kodak's Infra Red film has the best infra red sensitivity and a much higher EI rating. When TTL metering with a Red Filter, I can achieve an EI of 800 to 1250.

Ilford's SFX 200 isn't much of an Infra Red Film. It just has very high red sensitivity. (Don't be turned off by the SFX, you can still achieve some very interesting results.) Also, the SFX, is the easiest film to use in the bunch of IR films.

The Rollei IR-820/400 is a totally different infra red film as the old Maco IR820C.

Example:http://www.moersch-photochemie.de/

Gallery --> Vergleiche --> Filme.

Maco will introduce a NEW high sensitized IR820 (850nm ??) infra red film based on the extended sensitized APX100 emulsion made by the former R&D lab from Agfa (Gevaert in Belgium).

• 2 weeks later...

Robert, thank you for this news! It will be interesting to see the properties of thsi new film.

<br>

<br>

Actually I would give a suggestion for all the people involved in the BW businnes: <b>keep it simple!</b> The BW lovers want to have GOOD and STABLE products, not continous changes. Just an example: the Tri-X is on the market since more than 50 years.

<br>

Regards

<br>

<br>

Elia Freddi