Can you mount a mamiya 645 lens to a pentax 35mm k mount?

ully

I have several mamiya 645 lenses and would like to use them on my

istD pentax camera. Would this be possible and would the quality be

as good?

Thanks for your help.

Richard Ullakko

<b><a href="http://www.zoerk.com/pages/p_mounta.htm" target="_NEW">Zörk</a></b> offers adapters to mount medium format lenses on 35mm cameras. They are quite pricey when purchase new and very rare on the used market.

<p>

You should experience no image degradation as the Pentax dSLR uses only the center of the lens' image circle, which is the so-called "sweet spot" where sharpness, resolution and contrast are best.

Why? Pleeease don't tell me that its for film economy. You'll spend more on a conversion than you would ever save on film. Viewfinder quality would suffer, (the lens is farther away from the body) making the best reason for having a 35, i.e., quick grab capability, fly right out the window. One truism about photography is that there is always a trade off. This is especially prevalent in camera implementation.

Willam, no its not for film effiency. When I travel I already have enough bulk and weight with the mamiya and lens. Since the Mamiya does not provide for a polaroid back, I kind of use the Pentax digital for an instant preview, which sometimes helps in perspective.

Thanks

Richard