HU BnW Magazine and Webphotomag

I have some work published in BnW Magazine - one i've liked and wanted to be published in for several

years. A funny story in that i submiitted work in 2003/4 for an open submission didn't get in and a

fews weeks ago recieved an email from the magazine to say my work had been selected for a Portfolio

of Excellence Award in 2006 (for work shot in 2003!)

For those of you who visted my gallery here on Pnet and took an interest in my Disability in Cambodia

project - woking with the Cambodia Trust - a more completed portfolio of this is now available as a

PDF download (40MB) from the webphotmag.com web-site:

http://www.webphotomag.com/mag/slarbalestier.pdf

98% of this work was shot with Leica M's.

This has been designed by Jerome Muffat-Meridol (i think he's made a great job of marrying image and

text) Thank you Jerome! His magazine is always on the lookout for submissions from photographers.

Simon,

a fabulous body of work. I was not expecting somthing so substantial. Congratulations

on hving it published and I trust it will be rewarded with more recognitiona and some paid

work. To have achieved all this on your own is commendable. Well done.

Photographically it's beautiful. I love the soft tones and your keen focus on the subject.

Think I could identify the 2 that were shot with a Nikon, but let that be a challenge for

everyone else. :-)

I hope it comes to the UK in the form of an exhibition and look forward to your advice on

that. Have you produced exhibition prints yet? What sizes are the prints.

Where is the magazine available over here?

Regards & respect.

Hi Gary

thanks for that

re a show? well that's going to take some finding i think!

Actually there are 4 nikon shots in the PDF several 120 Plaubel and the rest all Leica.

All the Nikon kit has gone and i've replaced with some older M's.

Print wise i'm just about to tackle this but am thinking i need a Focomat V35 my Focomat

1c can be cruel with negs ( i had to get all the procesing down by a lab in BKK as i was

away for several months) and the condensor has a tiny scratch on it.

As i make all my own prints largest size would be 16 x 20 but maybe 12 x 16 as i'm

favouring Foma's Fomatone MG Classic right now and you can only get this in pkts of 10 at

this time of writing.....

Simon, this an excellent body of photographic work. You have shown your subjects a great deal of respect in the presentation, and I particularly appreciate the inclusion of the accompanying text.

Will there be a book based on this?