Got to unload a 20D, 580ex, BG-E2 and more

Hi All,

This isn't an attempt to find a buyer, but to ask your help in

finding a venue to sell practically new equipment. I bought a Canon

20D, 580EX Flash, 28-135 USM IS Lens, 50mm/1.8 Lens, BG-E2 Grip,

2x1GB Lexar 80x CF Cards, 1 Extra BP-511 Battery, Canon Pro Series

Bag, Omnibounce Flash Diffuser, & Lightsphere2 Light Diffuser.

I bought all this about a month ago. It's in perfect condition but I

have medical bills that came up unexpectedly and have to have the

cash. All have original boxes, manuals, unfilled warranty cards. I

know on eBay items don't get always what they should. Any other

ideas? Does KEH pay good for used equipment?

Thanks

Nick

Sorry to hear of your problems.

Ebay will give you the best prices. Separate the items. Take good pictures. Use your own descriptions.

Check for recent sales and get an average price. Put a reserve prive of 80% just to protect yourself. You are going to go against new items but if you give the items a good description you should do alright.

Alot of buyers on Ebay have had bad experiences with mail order. I would sell the less pricy items first if possible. Build up a good feedback before you sell the big ticket items.

You may also want to give buyers a break on shipping charges.

Sorry to hear about your troubles, Nick.<p>

The <b><a href="http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/board/10">Buy and Sell</a> </b>forum on Fred Miranda's moves a *lot* of Canon equipment daily. Prices there are close to the ebay prices, and you can sell it a lot faster. I've sold some lenses within 10 minutes of posting the topic. The people there are also pretty honest. You don't hear of folks getting ripped off, at least I never have.

Sorry about your situation, Nick. <br><br>Not sure where you're located, but <a href="http://www.craigslist.org">craigslist.org</a> can be a good way to sell stuff locally if you're in one of the cities on the site. Not sure how good of a price you could get, but listing stuff is free, so it can't hurt to try. We had an old, junky, overheating clothesdryer that we needed to get rid of. I offered for the taking if someone wanted to pick it up, and got a response in under 2 hours - came and hauled it off that nite. Granted, that's a little different than the gear you're selling, but it's worth a shot.<br><br>

~John