Folks- I'm not sure if this is an appropriate post but in ordering a 4 Gb

Sandisk Ultra II CF card this evening I stumbled upon a rebate offer at B&H

for Sandisk memory cards ranging from $9-$32 and wanted to pass that tidbit on

to you. In my case an unexpected rebate of $32 on a card costing $180 was a

pleasant surprise! I have no interest in B&H other than as a satisfied

customer.

Cheers- Bob

<i>

Has anyone actually received a rebate from Sandisk? I don't even bother to apply any more. My last three coupons fell into a black hole.

</i>

<p>

Yes, I have. My most recent from SanDisk was received in early April, for a purchase made at the end of January. I've received every rebate I've ever applied for from Nikon, SanDisk, Linksys, Seagate, Tiger Direct, Best Buy, etc.

</p>

<p>

I wonder if other people's rebate checks are getting stolen in the mail. They're often sent in postcard form, with no enclosing envelope. That was the case for my recent one from SanDisk.

</p>

<p>

--Bill

</p>

I've had no problems with SanDisk Rebates.

In fact, lately (the last year or so) I've had very few problems receiving any of my rebates. Prior to that, I did occasionally have to call and remind them that it's beyond the 10-12 weeks that they promise fulfillment. But, I always, finally, get my rebates.

I am always very careful to follow their rules, exactly.

I will not allow them any excuses.

I also always make copies of everything I send them.

I have not had to resend any information for many years.

Like I said, I get my rebates more reliably, lately.

//Chuck

• 6 months later...
I don't know if SanDisk is trying to pull some Bull**** on their customers regarding their rebates on CF cards or if their systems are just screwed-up, but I have had back-to-back problems with that company actually honoring their rebate offer. I ordered a 2 and a 4 Gb Extreme III CF card, and in both instances they claimed that I didn't supply the original UPC bar code from the packaging. I'm extremely thorough in matters like this, and I'm 100% sure I supplied all needed items as requested. I have photocopies of all items sent. So, I had to take my time to call them up and explain the situation. On the bright side, they paid the rebate, but it required me to make the calls.

• 1 year later...
I have ordered three Sandisk CF cards during rebate programs, and all three times I received a card saying I hadn't submitted the UPC bar code. I keep good records and know that I did include them. In all three cases, I called them to argue my point and they immediately processed the rebate payment. Quite irritating. I will think twice about ordering from them again. Pissing off customers doesn't make for a good business model. A quality product isn't enough to compete globally over the long-term in my opinion. You have to maintain a good reputation too. Ok, that's my rant.