follow up

a few threads back...i was posting a message relating to a camera

seen on a website and i was asking if anyone knows about it or

recognizing it...not by far a pre 70's camera,but the scene was

rather unusual,you'll see why:-)

unfortunately i missed the link to that page,and of course got my

punishment from mike:-)))))))))...not bad,not bad at all mike

anyway,i remembered i saved the picture and here it is...anyone?

regards<div>00CX1z-24117084.jpg.8c60db2cbc7673c764b19df7fbd98372.jpg</div>

Warning : you just did what should NEVER be done : uploading a picture taken by another photographer you don't mention as the author.

In addition the picture comes from Magnum Photos website. What you did here violates their pictures using rules they clearly post on their web pages.

Rather including a link to Magnum Photos website and telling us where the picture is than copying a photo without their permission and without mentioning the photographer as the author.

As for the camera : seems to be a black Yashica GSN or something like that.

my deepest apologies ...i must confess though i sent them an email asking if they mind copying and posting one of their pictures,mr.douez...i am aware that by not doing so,one might infringe upon one's copyright!!!

they agreed and quite gladly,i may add...free publicity doesnt hurt a bit...

mr.douez... my knowledge on copyright and other people's authoring rights is updated by your kind message!

thank you!

I didn't know you had mailed them - fine ; but you should have just mentioned the photographer's name when you posted the photo.

Some years ago I had the bad surprised to see one of MY pictures published on a booklet's frontpage - well, why not ; and on the second page, it was written "Photo by Association of the XX", while of course these people were NOT the authors of the picture, although I knew them and they knew me, because the photo had just been shot by ME and nobody else !

So - just think of what Abbas could feel seeing one of his pictures without his name near it.

Okay, such things happen twice per second on the net - but here on the Classic Cameras forum we should behave better than most of the Internet's compulsive photobugs, shouldn't we ?

Photography is a work of art - but it's also a kind of work, and thus the photographs must never be dissociated from their original photographers.

The camera looks to be a late rangefinder - most probably a Canon, a post QL-17 model - with a pop out flash. I am not sure if it is an autofocus model, but it is not an auto-advance obviously. That pop-out flash arrangement looks really familiar though. I don't think it is a Minolta or a Yashica.